Beetroot kebab is a tasty and healthy snack that is easy to make at home. It is a great way to add vegetables to your diet, especially if you are not a big fan of them. Beetroot kebab is made with grated beetroot, boiled potatoes, and a variety of spices. It is a vegetarian snack that is high in fiber and low in fat, making it a healthy alternative to traditional kebabs. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of beetroot kebab, how to make it at home, and some tips for making it taste great.
Benefits of Beetroot Kebab:
- High in fiber – Beetroot is a good source of dietary fiber, which is essential for maintaining good digestive health. Fiber also helps regulate blood sugar levels and keeps you feeling full for longer periods.
- Low in fat – Beetroot kebab is a low-fat snack that is a good alternative to traditional kebabs, which are often high in fat.
- Rich in nutrients – Beetroot is rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, potassium, and iron, which are essential for maintaining good health.
- Antioxidant properties – Beetroot is high in antioxidants, which help protect your body from free radical damage and reduce inflammation.
- Boosts immunity – The nutrients in beetroot help boost your immune system, making you less susceptible to infections and diseases.
How to Prepare Beetroot Kebab at Home:
- 2 medium-sized beetroots, grated
- 2 medium-sized boiled potatoes, mashed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, add the grated beetroot, mashed potatoes, onion, green chilies, breadcrumbs, coriander leaves, mint leaves, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal-sized portions and shape them into small, round patties.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan or a shallow frying pan.
- Place the patties in the hot oil and fry them until they turn golden brown on both sides.
- Once they are done, remove them from the pan and place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve the beetroot kebab hot with mint chutney or ketchup.
Tips for Making Delicious Beetroot Kebab:
- Use fresh ingredients – Use fresh beetroots, potatoes, and spices for the best flavor.
- Grate the beetroots finely – Finely grated beetroots help bind the mixture together and make it easier to shape into patties.
- Add breadcrumbs – Breadcrumbs help absorb any excess moisture in the mixture and prevent the kebabs from falling apart.
- Use a non-stick pan – A non-stick pan will help prevent the kebabs from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Fry the kebabs on medium heat – Frying the kebabs on medium heat will help cook them evenly and prevent them from burning.
- Serve hot – Beetroot kebab tastes best when served hot, so make sure to serve them as soon as they are ready.
Beetroot kebab is a healthy and delicious snack that is easy to make at home.